Advance your career with an MSN and Acute Care Specialty
The need for advanced practice nurses continues to grow. As fewer physicians choose primary care specialties, more patients require critical care, and fewer nurse educators are available, registered nurses with a Master of Science in Nursing are highly sought after.
St.Vincent Health is addressing this rising demand for acute care nurse practitioners.
Through a partnership with Marquette University, registered nurses have the opportunity to earn their Master of Science in Nursing and specialize in adult-older adult acute care.
About the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program
Marquette University’s ACNP program offers BSN-educated RNs the chance to earn their MSN degree.
Upon program completion, graduates are eligible to sit for the Adult-Gerontology ACNP certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center and begin their advanced practice careers in adult acute care settings. With a Master of Science in Nursing, ACNP program graduates are eligible for advanced career options, including leadership, educator, and primary care roles.
ACNP Program Overview
- The 42 credit hour ACNP curriculum may be completed in 28-30 months, and is offered part-time so working nurses will not have to put their careers on hold.
- Students in the program will complete online nurse practitioner coursework, delivered through Marquette’s interactive, multi-media learning platform.
- Clinical rotations and preceptorship will occur within the St.Vincent network.
- The ACNP program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Classes start in January and August.
Loan Forgiveness Program
Upon earning your MS in Nursing, ACNP graduates who remain employed with St.Vincent for a period of at least three years following graduation may participate in St.Vincent’s loan forgiveness program.
Want to learn more?
To learn more about how you can advance your nursing career while continuing to make a difference every day, contact a Marquette University ACNP admission advisor at 866-891-8443.