St.Vincent Heart Center's Cardiac Imaging facilities have been recognized as a premier U.S. cardiac imaging center for our expertise in MRI cardiac imaging studies, especially on patients with implanted devices. Both Heart Center locations (86th St. and the 106Th/N.Meridian St.) provide comprehensive cardiac imaging services with a very experienced team of radiologists, interventional radiologists and interventional cardiologists.
- Cardiac MRI – sophisticated technology for advanced heart disease diagnosis
- Cardiac CTA—a non-invasive test, especially for coronary artery disease
- Chest x-Ray – used by cardiology, vascular and pulmonary physicians
- CT scan – Used for the HeartScan studies, as well as, other more indepth images of the abdomen, lungs, heart, and blood vessels
- Electrocardiography (EKG) – Utilized for Stress testing, Doppler Imaging, Strain-rate imaging, and Left Ventricular Dyssynchrony studies
- Nuclear Cardiology Myocardial Perfusion Studies (MPI) – A more advancing imaging resource using PET-FDG imaging to diagnose stages of congestive heart failure
- Vascular CTA/MRA –3-D imaging for peripheral artery disease diagnosis
To learn more, go to the St.Vincent Health Information Library / cardiac diagnostic tests.
About your appointment:
Your primary care physician office or cardiology office will reserve an appointment time for you. Insurance pre-certification is often required.
If you need to talk to a scheduler about your appointment time or the pre-certification status call 317-583-5151.
Interventional Radiologists/Interventional Cardiologists Treat Heart and Vascular Diseases with Minimally-Invasive Techniques
St.Vincent Heart Center Interventional Radiologists (IR) and Interventional Cardiologists (IC) are subspecialists of Radiology and/or Cardiology. These physicians have additional training in minimally invasive treatments and are board certified in IR or IC. They use imaging tools such as MRI, CT, PET, SPECT and Ultrasound to help guide very small catheters, wires and other small instruments through a small incision in the body to effectively treat heart and vascular diseases. These physicians work closely with your cardiologist and primary care physician. It's a team effort.
Examples of interventional radiology non-surgical cardiac procedures:
- Angiography – to diagnose heart and blood vessel blockages
- Angioplasty – to treat and open a blocked blood vessel
- Stent Placement
- Needle Biopsy
- Radiofrequency ablation – to treat arrhythmias
Other procedures include:
- Balloon angioplasty (arterial and venous)
- Carotid artery stenting/angioplasty
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Diagnostic angiography, veniography
- Dialysis access diagnostics and interventions
- Peripheral artery disease
- Pulmonary embolism and arteriograms
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm endograft
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Varicose veins
- Vascular stenting (arterial and venous)
Currently, St.Vincent Interventional Radiologists (St.Vincent Medical Group) are one of the research sites in the national ATTRACT clinical trial investigating the use of different catheters to improve the delivery of clot-busting medications.