Absolute Criteria for Application:
- Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) as part of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). We are unable to accept any documents via fax or email. There are no pre-match positions available.
- We only accept J-1 Visas.
- Graduation from a U.S. medical school or a World Health Organization listed on the Medical Board of California* approved medical school list AND NOT on the Indiana Licensing Board Disapproval List or Questionable List within the last 3 years.
- FMG/IMGs must have a minimum of three months US clinical experience, i.e. Externship with written evaluation (observership does not fulfill this requirement).
- ECFMG certification steps completed before the match results are due.
- USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 passed within 2 attempts; Step 3 is not required but carries the same expectation of minimal attempts.
Preferred Criteria for Application:
- Demonstrated interest in Family Medicine and dedication to uphold the core values of St.Vincent: Service of the Poor, Integrity, Reverence, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication.
- Twelve (12) months of US clinical experience or externship with written evaluation for FMG/IMG.
- All USMLE examinations completed within the last 5-years. We prefer to see scores at or above the mean.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- For those who have graduated from medical school, we prefer ECFMG certification be provided via ERAS by October 31. Step 2 results are preferred prior to rank list due date and a passing result is required for state licensure for those who match prior to orientation in mid-June.
Interviews are by invitation only. Applicants who are offered an interview will be sent a message via ERAS and directed to our scheduling website.
Invitations will begin to be offered once the ERAS application, CV, USMLE and at least 2 of the 3 required letters of recommendation are received via ERAS. Interviews are generally scheduled 3 days per week mid-October to mid-December. Most candidates have dinner with residents the night before the interview, but we offer some flexibility. Candidates can expect to spend about 6 hours with us for their interview day. Current residents and teaching faculty are actively involved in the interview process and final selection.
As we offer our last interviews the week before Christmas, we prefer complete applications before December 1. There are rare exceptions that would allow for a January interview.
All positions are filled through the NRMP. There are no pre-match positions available.
We do not provide observerships before the match. If you match in one of our programs, there is a possibility of an observership or externship after the match and before residency in order to assist you with orientation to our hospital.
Should you have any questions after reviewing our information, please contact Krissy Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although e-mail is our preferred method for communication, the Family Medicine Residency Program Office may also be reached at (317) 338-7600.