Application & Interview Process
All applications to the Pediatric Residency are received through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) which electronically transmits, via the Internet, the applications and all supporting documents.
U.S. Medical Graduates must apply to ERAS through the Dean's Office of their Medical School. International Medical Graduates must apply through the ECFMG Office.
Interviews are by invitation only and are generally offered to applicants with a combination of:
- Solid medical school performance
- Above average USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Recent clinical experience in U.S. hospitals in which the student or physician had meaningful responsibility for patient management decisions
- Strong letters of support from clinical supervisors
- No more than 3 years post medical school graduation
- International Medical Graduates generally work under a J-1 Visa
Our teaching faculty as well as our current residents are actively involved in the interview process and final selection.
Applicants who are offered an interview will be directed to our scheduling website to select a preferred interview date. Appointments are generally scheduled between late October and mid-January.
All communication with applicants is done through the ERAS email system.
Important Information Regarding Applications
Residents are appointed to Pediatric Residency Program at St. Vincent on a yearly basis. It is expected that all pediatric residents will remain for the full three years to complete their training.
All applications for the positions are reviewed through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Applicants should submit a personal statement, curriculum vitae, photograph, medical school transcript, dean’s letter, 3 letters of recommendation, and USMLE or COMLEX scores through ERAS. For first-year positions, the application deadline is December 1. Interviews will be coordinated through ERAS and conducted from October through January.
Completed files are reviewed and invitations to interview are extended through ERAS. Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. In order for your application to be considered complete, all required materials must be received no later than December 1st. Interviews will be scheduled on designated interview dates.
U.S. Graduates and International Graduates
- We accept five residents per year.
- We accept applications only through ERAS.
- Applications are accepted through December 1st.
- We do not offer positions outside of the match.
- Interviews are conducted between late October and January on Fridays.
- Current residents and teaching faculty are actively involved in the interview process and final selection.
- We accept USMLE and/or COMLEX scores.
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years.
Additional Info for International Graduates
- We sponsor J1 visas but H1 visas may be considered.
- Above average USMLE or COMLEX scores.
- No minimum US clinical experience, but we are looking to see if you have any clinical experience in pediatrics.
Click here to visit our residency Facebook page. Please contact our Program Coordinator, Janet Hedlund, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or concerns.