Count the statements that apply to you:
- I am a man over the age of 45 or a woman over the age of 50.
- I am more than 20 pounds overweight.
- My blood pressure is 140/90 mm Hg or higher; a health professional
said my blood pressure is too high, or I have not had my blood pressure
- One of my parents, grandparents or siblings has had a stroke; my
father or brother has had a heart attack before the age of 55; my mother
or sister had a heart attack before the age of 65.
- I participate in less than 30 minutes of exercise each day.
- I previously have had a stroke or transient ischemia attack (TIA),
or I have carotid artery disease or disease of the leg arteries, a high
red blood cell count, or sickle cell anemia.
- I smoke or live with people who do.
- My total cholesterol is 200 mg/dL or higher; my LDL is less than130 mg/dL; or I have not had my cholesterol tested.
- I have diabetes.
- I previously have had a heart attack, or I have coronary heart disease, atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) or other heart conditions.
If you answered yes to two or more statements, make an
appointment with a healthcare professional today. For assistance finding
a primary care physician, call 317.338.CARE (2273) or 1.888.338.CARE