Our Geriatric Assessment Program includes the following:
- Physical examination
- Neuropsychological evaluation (this includes cognitive & memory testing)
- Functional assessment
- Nutritional assessment
- Review of medications by a clinical pharmacist
- Possible laboratory studies
- Neuro-cognitive diagnostics (head, CT, MRI, sleep study)
- Care Management consultation for resources and coping mechanisms
- On-going medical cognitive assessments, as needed
- Outpatient mental health referral, as needed
This exam includes but is not limited to an inventory of medications
(prescribed and over the counter), nutritional status, functional
abilities, emotional and physical coping mechanisms and memory
These appointments are scheduled for a Monday or a Wednesday morning only. Final results are discussed and recommendations are presented to the patient and family in a follow-up visit.
Geriatricians may follow-up in four to six weeks, every six months,
and/or annually. A written report of Geriatric Assessment
recommendations are given to the patient/family, and results of any
tests performed are mailed to the primary care physician.
For more information or to schedule an assessment, please call: (317) 338-7780.