The St.Vincent Care Manager Program is dedicated to providing
support to patients and families who are uncertain where to turn for
necessary services. By evaluating a client’s level of cognitive
abilities, along with medical, emotional, financial, legal and spiritual
needs, our Care Managers will create an individualized plan of care,
allowing patients and families make the best, most informed decisions
for care. Acting as advocates for seniors, we assist clients and their
families navigate the healthcare system, manage crises and plan for the
future. How can a Care Manager help?
Care Managers offer comprehensive assessment and coordination of:
- Home Care Services
- Medical management
- Facilitating communication between family members, medical professionals and facilities
- Social activities, providing opportunities for the client to remain engaged in their communities and their favorite activities
- Legal issues
- Financial assessment and coordination of benefits
- Safety and security, monitoring home environment and recommending
assistance or technologies to reduce risk of exploitation or injury
- Spiritual support and facilitating connection to faith communities
- Caregiver coaching and support
We can reduce your stress by providing:
- A personal contact who can navigate the healthcare system efficiently and effectively
- A resource who is available at times that are convenient for you
- Unbiased recommendations and information based upon each client’s individual needs
- An understanding and experienced advocate who is familiar with the
personal and family stresses that are part of life changes and
- Familiarity with resources which support optimal functioning and enhance quality of life
Who are Care Managers?
Center for Healthy Aging Care Managers are nurses or social workers
with extensive education and experience in working with seniors,
families, and the complex, evolving healthcare environment.
Why choose St.Vincent Care Management?
A statewide leader in geriatric services with more than 20 years of
experience, the Center for Healthy Aging is a compassionate, caring
multidisciplinary team. We serve as a valuable resource for individuals
and families through our mission to promote graceful aging through
physical, spiritual, social and emotional wellness. We help older adults
live with dignity as independently as possible, for as long as
possible, embracing aging-in-place and family/caregiver support as
central to successful aging. The Care Manager program takes this mission
to the community, bringing the St.Vincent Spirit of Caring to your
As a fee for service program, care managers can provide unbiased,
independent individual assessment, develop a comprehensive personalized
care plan, and assist clients and families in finding the best
available care options for their loved ones.
Care Managers are also available as community resources
On topics related to healthy aging, senior
health, spirituality and aging, health promotion through the life span,
coping with life changes and transitions
Leading support groups in churches, synagogues, community centers and senior living facilities
- Industry resources
Assisting with navigating and accessing appropriate community resources and support
How can I make or obtain a referral to work with a Care Manager?
Medical professionals, community agencies and facilities may refer a
client to Care Management; families and individuals may also self-refer.
For questions or further information, please call the Center for
Healthy Aging office at 317-338-7780.